Saturday, January 30, 2010

What Do I Eat?

The other question is, “What do you eat?”   The truth is that my new diet is not about denying myself anything.  It is about abundance.  At this point I am still transitioning and experimenting.  I would say my diet is somewhere around 80% raw plant foods. So, what do I eat?  Well, in the mornings I have four oranges blended with flax oil, I still have two eggs, free range and 100% vegetable diet of course, then maybe toast or some lettuce or a tomato, then for lunch I eat a big salad of mixed greens avocados, tomatoes, broccoli, maybe some homemade raw hummus with a bell pepper. I snack on fruits, nuts and raw chocolate - I actually had an awesome raw vegan chocolate cake for lunch the other day.  I put MSM powder in my water and I have  superfood protein powder for my water as well. Then, for dinner I eat another yummy salad, maybe a sweet potato or some quinoa, and I make a juice of cucumber, celery, kale and an apple (although Im starting to think the apple makes it too sweet), I’ll also have a glass of raw (un-pasteurized) milk from a happy, healthy, non chemically treated cow.  But, the best is dessert, my favorite is a slice of sprouted grain bread slathered with raw almond butter, and raw honey drizzled on top - soooo delicious. I have pasta in my freezer, just waiting for me to feel deprived and craving “carbs”, but I haven’t.  And, although I am not denying myself a steak, I don’t really want one.  I have every intention of eating one again at some point, though - maybe I’ll have steak tartare.  In the end I eat anything I want, but when I’m hungry I always start with the raw food first then I wait to see how I feel, if I’m still hungry and craving a steak or pasta then I will have it, but that hasn’t happened. Im satisfied with the raw food, and more than that I am excited about all the benefits I am reaping physically, mentally and spiritually.  Im discovering new foods every week and I plan to share these discoveries through this blog.  
If you're intrigued and inspired - even just a little - you should check out the book by David Wolfe to figure out how to start incorporating more raw foods into your daily routine.  The book is, The Sunfood Diet Success System, my friend and I refer to it as the "Bible".  Go check it out at your library and check out David Wolfe, and his company Sunfood.com  Then once your ready go here to purchase the "Bible" from Amazon. 

3 comments:

  1. I think your point is excellent about "I always start with the raw food first then I wait to see how I feel" ... it makes total sense. Often we crave something only to find that it is easily satisfied with something that is far more healthy for the body. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just got yourself a new follower :) as a male dancer, I am very interested in how your diet will affect your ability to dance! I'll check back for updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Henrik, Sorry I havent been keeping this updated as much as I would like. Just thought I'd let you know, I feel amazing. My tendonitis is gone and my joints are feeling freer than ever. I'm very happy with the way I feel and dance, right now.

    ReplyDelete